Wanna learn how to make super cool bath bombs for kids that have a super spooky surprise hidden inside? Then you’ve come to the right place. The thing that makes these DIY bath bombs so much fun for Halloween is that they’ve got a spooky toy inside and are shaped like a pumpkin! I came up with this idea as one for kids but it’s great fun for all ages!
Just when you think bath bombs couldn’t get any cooler or more fun, someone finds a way to kick things up a notch. I was at a Halloween store recently when I saw a display of pumpkin bath bombs. My first thought was “those are pretty cool!” immediately followed by “they’d be so much cooler if they had a spooky toy hidden inside. I’m totally gonna make my own.”
With Halloween quickly approaching, hidden spider DIY bath bombs are great fun. For kids of all ages!
Look at these cute little pumpkins! And the best part: there’s a spooky surprise inside! ?
Simply drop one DIY bath bomb in the tub, let it fizz and pop open to reveal a spooky toy. Just don’t forget to tell the recipient there’s a treat inside! These will be sure to delight your kids, and maybe they’ll even want to make some themselves.
These hidden spider DIY bath bombs for kids are scented with pumpkin spice extract. Yum!
And I used red, yellow and green food coloring to give them a little color. Coconut oil helps the bath bombs stick together plus it nourishes skin and works wonders on dry, itchy skin. While Epsom salt not only relieves aches and pains, it exfoliates dead skin, cleanses pores, and repairs rough patches. Not to mention it helps you to unwind. Who doesn’t want that?! To finish things off, I tucked a spider toy in the middle.
Hidden Spider DIY Bath Bombs Recipe
Makes about 3 pumpkin bath bombs.
These Halloween-inspired DIY bath bombs hide a fun surprise inside — and they smell absolutely amazing too.
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 2 tablespoonfuls Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tablespoonful Epsom Salt
- 1 teaspoonful Pumpkin Spice Extract
- Red, Yellow and Green Food Coloring **
- Spider toys
**Note: Alternatively, you can use neon orange food coloring instead of red and yellow.
Watch this short video to learn how to make these hidden spider DIY bath bombs for kids and to see these fizzies in action! As you see, the pumpkin bombs do give the water a small amount of color.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid and Epsom salt. Mix well, making sure to break up any clumps.
- Drizzle the pumpkin spice extract onto the powders, making sure to distribute it throughout. Mix again.
- If you want to make green stems, set aside a small portion of the baking soda mixture in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix 2 drops each of red and yellow food coloring and add to the large mixing bowl. And add 1 drop of green food coloring to the small mixing bowl. Distribute the color throughout the ingredients. (Note: If you want more vibrant colors, add more food coloring. Personally, I prefer the lighter colors) 🙂
- Using a dropper, slowly add the melted coconut oil to each baking soda mixture and mix quickly. If needed, add additional coconut oil until the mixture is moldable — it should feel like damp sand. (Note: It’s important to spread the oil throughout the mixture. If too much is poured at once, the mixture will start to fizz.)
- Once your mixture is moldable — when squeezed, it should be able to handle a gentle poke without crumbling — pack the baking soda mixture tightly into your mold. Place the spider toy in the middle then continue packing the mixture, applying pressure to the center.
- Allow to dry for 3-4 hours or preferably overnight.
Store your bath bombs in an airtight package. If you’re giving them as gifts, they look lovely in cello bags with some decorative ribbon.
How To Use
Drop one bath bomb in a warm bath. It releases a yummy fall scent of pumpkins, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla — your bathroom will smell ah-mazing! It also gives the water a soft orange and green hue while slowly revealing the spooky spider inside. Eek!
Take your body refreshing one step further!
Add Marshmallow Clouds Body Splash! This lightly-scented, alcohol-free body spray from Angels n’ Dudes is a light, refreshing way to fragrance plus to keep you odor-free all day long. And with a scent of fluffy, delectable mashmallowy clouds whipped with vanilla, raw sugar cane and heavy cream, it’s sooo fall. Nothing screams fall like pumpkin spice and s’mores!
Hidden Spider DIY Bath Bombs Printable
Do you enjoy bath bombs? What are you and/or your kids going to be for Halloween?
Let me know in the comments section below!
If you like this hidden spider DIY bath bombs recipe, pin this image to save for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: How to Make Ocean Surf DIY Bath Bombs
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.