Wanna treat yourself to this super-sweet treat of sugared strawberry, sweet peach, ripe raspberry and cotton candy the next time you take a bath? These easy magical DIY unicorn bath bombs are the perfect way to unwind and make your bath a little more magical. Whip up a batch and add some mystical magic to your bath, or make them to give as DIY gifts!
I love making and using bath bombs. And now that fall is here it definitely puts me in the mood for a long, hot soak. My daughter is into anything and everything there is to do with unicorns. So when we spotted some unicorn bath bomb molds on Amazon the other day, I decided to whip up some DIY unicorn bath bombs. These fizz-filled bombs are not only easy, they’re magical!
After a crazy day (aren’t they all), just run a bath and toss one of these bath bombs in. Not only do they give your bath water a soft 3-color swirl plus a bit of sparkle, they also have an airy, sugary sweet scent which reminds you of the magic of unicorns and melt-in-your-mouth carnival goodness. It’s the perfect way to unwind and make your bath a little more magical. 😉
Easy Magical DIY Unicorn Bath Bombs Recipe
One of the reasons I love using bath bombs is that you can incorporate nourishing oils and butters plus beneficial minerals to help moisturize and soothe skin, relieve tense muscles, and relax your mind, body and soul. And it doesn’t cost a lot to transform your bath into a spa-like experience with skin-loving benefits to boot.
So pour yourself a glass of wine, light some candles, take a dip in the tub, and relax with these easy magical DIY unicorn bath bombs. You won’t be sorry you did.
Makes about 4 unicorn bath bombs.
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 2 tablespoonfuls carrier oil of choice (I used 1 tablespoonful each of coconut oil and shea butter, both melted, for their skin-loving properties plus they help the bombs stick together)
- 1 tablespoonful Epsom Salt
- 30-40 drops of essential/ fragrance oil (I used cotton candy fragrance oil to go with the unicorn theme)
- Blue, Gold, Red & Sparkle White Mica Colors
Watch this short video to learn how to make these easy magical DIY unicorn bath bombs and to see these fizz-filled bombs in action! I just love the 3-color swirl!
- Combine the baking soda, citric acid, and Epsom salt in a large bowl and mix well until combined. Make sure you break up any clumps. (Note: To help prevent clumps, sieve the powders before adding to the bowl.)
- Divide the mixture into 3 mixing bowls. Add blue mica to the 1st bowl, gold mica to the 2nd bowl, and red mica to the 3rd bowl. Stir to combine.
- Slowly drizzle the melted coconut and fragrance oils, and half of the melted shea butter onto each of the powders and mix quickly. Make sure to distribute them throughout the ingredients. (Note: It’s important to spread the oils throughout the mixture. If too much is poured at once, the mixture will start to fizz.)
- Check your mixtures by squeezing them with your hand. If the mixtures are moldable, then you are ready to mold. You want them to be wet enough to clump together, but not too wet. If the mixtures crumble or they don’t hold together, slowly add more shea butter until moldable. (Note: The mixtures are moldable when they look like wet sand.)
- Place your mold onto a cookie or baking sheet for stability. Sprinkle sparkle white mica into your molds.
- Press the baking soda mixtures into molds. Start with the gold mixture then layer the blue mixture on top and finish off with the red mixture. Sprinkle some more sparkle white mica on top of the mixture and press in.
- Allow the bath bombs to dry for 4 – 6 hours, or until they have hardened completely. (Note: I let mine dry overnight.)
When dry, unmold your bath bombs and store in an airtight container or bag. If you’re giving them as gifts, they look lovely in cello bags with some decorative ribbon.
How To Use
Drop one bath bomb in a warm bath. It releases a super-sweet scent of sugared strawberry, sweet peach, ripe raspberry and cotton candy — you’ll enjoy a fragrant, relaxing and truly magical soak! It also gives the water a soft blue, gold and pink hue. Plus some sparkle!
Epsom salt contains magnesium which improves skin quality and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. It also has amazing relaxation benefits. Plus it can help inflamed skin and relieve sunburn, remove oil and product buildup that weigh down hair, and has natural exfoliating properties making for a super-effective body or lip scrub.
Coconut oil is my beauty cure-all. This amazing sweet-smelling oil has a number of health benefits. It’s sort of a jack-of-all-trades. It can remove makeup and clean your makeup brush, and it freshens breath. It’s an effective moisturizer for both your body and face as it absorbs quickly, making your skin soft, radiant and more glowy. It’s also an ideal ingredient for homemade lip scrubs and lip balm plus body scrubs and much more. Coconut oil can be used for almost everything — from healing scars to moisturizing dry skin patches.
Shea butter is incredibly moisturizing and nourishing for the skin. It’s great for softening skin and even has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It conditions, soothes, and tones your skin, and is often used as a remedy for acne and dry skin plus to protect skin’s natural oils.
Take your body refreshing one step further!
Add Unicorns Are Real Body Spray! This lightly-scented, alcohol-free body spray from Angels n’ Dudes is a light, refreshing way to fragrance plus to keep you odor-free all day long. And to top it off, it has the same 3-color swirl and scent of sugared strawberry, sweet peach, ripe raspberry and cotton candy as the bath bombs!
Easy Magical DIY Unicorn Bath Bombs Printable
Do you enjoy bath bombs and the bubbly magic that comes with using them?
Let me know in the comments section below!
If you like this easy magical DIY unicorn bath bombs recipe, pin this image to save for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: How to Make Ocean Surf DIY Bath Bombs
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.