Looking for bath bombs that aren’t just “fun” but get rid of B.O. too? These cutesy-spooky monster bath bombs not only get rid of B.O., they’re really fun to give out at birthday parties or Halloween parties. They also make a great candy alternative for Halloween and a real treat for kids!
My kids love bath bombs! All kids love bath bombs, and grown ups too! In fact, if my tween daughter Sarah had her way, she would use a bath bomb everyday. But as a tween going through puberty, she has body odor. And there just aren’t many “fun” DIY bath bomb options out there to get rid of B.O. So since her birthday is right around Halloween, I made these cute monster bath bombs to give as party favors! They not only get rid of B.O., they’re really fun to give out at birthday parties or Halloween parties. They also make a great candy alternative and a real treat for kids!
Body odor is caused by bacteria on our skin. African wild cucumber (AWC) is a great ingredient that treats unwanted body odor.
It’s a natural antibacterial that gets rid of body odor by eliminating odor-causing bacteria on your skin. You can use either our antibacterial body washes or antibacterial body sprays. And you can apply our baking soda-free natural deodorant, which is also infused with AWC, to help get rid of body odor.
These monster bath bombs that get rid of B.O. make the perfect gift for a Halloween or birthday party, or even a fun candy alternative for trick-or-treaters.
Since these bath bombs are party favors for Sarah’s birthday that’s a couple of days before Halloween, I added 1-oz body sprays and made it a gift set. The girls got Marshmallow Clouds Body Splash, a “girly” scent, while the boys got Like A Dino Boss Body Spray with a more “manly” scent (her brother picked this scent for the boys because dinos, apparently, are a Halloween theme).
The monster bath bombs will sure make an impression in a “cutesy-spooky” way, and the fizz they produce is unearthly!
They fizz, foam and bubble like no other bath bombs I’ve ever made. The effect is AMAZING! These monster bombs will definitely turn your tub into a witches’ brew!
Monster Bath Bombs That Get Rid of B.O. Recipe
Make your own cutesy-spooky monster bath bombs that not only fizz and bubble when you drop them into warm water, they get rid of B.O. and are really fun to give out at parties.
Makes about 2 spherical bath bombs plus 3 cubed bath bombs.
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 1 tablespoonful Epsom Salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls Sea Clay
- 1 tbsp AWC-infused Sweet Almond Oil ***(see note below)
- 15 drops Essential/Fragrance Oils
- Soap Colorant or Food Coloring
- Candy Eyeballs
Note: I used sweet almond oil that’s infused with African wild cucumber (AWC) to combat my tween daughter’s B.O. issues. You can use plain sweet almond oil or even substitute with coconut oil or melted shea butter. If you need to combat B.O., the body sprays mentioned in this post also have AWC. They’re available at AngelsnDudes.com.
Watch this short video to learn how to make these DIY monster bath bombs and to see these fizz-filled bath bombs in action!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salt, and sea clay. Mix well, making sure to break up any clumps.
- Drizzle the essential/fragrance oils onto the dry ingredients, making sure to stir the mixture between each drizzle. (Note: Since these bath bombs are going to be party favors, I used 2 different fragrance oils to match the 2 body sprays we’re pairing them with.)
- Using a dropper, slowly drizzle half of the AWC-infused sweet almond oil onto the mixture and mix quickly. (Note: It’s important to spread the sweet almond oil throughout the mixture. If too much is poured at once, the mixture will start to fizz.)
- Check your mixture by squeezing it with your hand. If the mixture is moldable, then you are ready to mold. You want it to be wet enough to clump together, but not too wet. If the mixture crumbles or it doesn’t hold together, slowly add more sweet almond oil until it’s moldable. (Note: The mixture is moldable when it looks like loose powder when sitting in the bowl, but will form nicely when squeezed. The squeezed mixture should be able to handle a gentle poke without crumbling.)
- Divide the mixture into several mixing bowls if you want to make different colored bath bombs.
- Add a few drops of coloring to each bowl, making sure to stir the mixtures between each drop.
- Carefully mold the bath bombs. I used both spherical and cubed molds as monsters come in different shapes and sizes. Your monster can have any amount of eyes you want! It’s more fun when they each have a bit of a different personality. 🙂
- For the spherical bombs: Place a candy eyeball, with the pupil facing down, in half of the spherical molds.
- Scoop the mixture over the candy eyeballs, pressing it down firmly.
- Fill the other half of the mold, pressing it down firmly. Scoop some more mixture loosely on top. Then press the two halves together firmly. You can either leave the bombs in the molds as is or twist the bottom half off (the one without an eyeball). If you opt to twist it off, leave the other side in the mold.
- For the cubed bombs: Place 2 or 3 candy eyeballs in your cubed molds. Make sure the pupils are facing down.
- Once again, scoop the mixture over the candy eyeballs, making sure to press your mixtures together firmly.
- Set the bath bombs aside to dry in their molds for at least a few hours or overnight. I like to let them dry overnight.
Unmold and store your bath bombs in an airtight package.
As you can see below, when I unmolded the bath bombs some of the cubed bombs crumbled and lost their shape 🙁 . Normally I’d be disappointed but monsters come in all kinds of shapes and these do look cutesy-spooky 🙂
These bath bombs are party favors for Sarah’s birthday which is around Halloween. I just love the idea of giving these monster bath bombs out as party favors for birthday parties or Halloween parties!
How To Use
Drop one bomb into warm bath water and enjoy.
Note: When you drop your monster bath bombs in water, the eyeballs will take much longer to dissolve than the actual bath bomb itself.
Epsom salt contains magnesium which improves skin quality and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth.
It also has amazing relaxation benefits. Plus it can help inflamed skin and relieve sunburn, remove oil and product buildup that weigh down hair, and has natural exfoliating properties making for a super-effective body or lip scrub.
Sea clay, also known as Dead Sea clay, is another natural wonder that’s supposedly a cure-all for your skin.
It contains a high concentration of over 21 minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sulfates, and bromide that help you maintain healthy, youthful skin. Plus the minerals in the mud easily absorb into the skin, so it can be especially beneficial for people with psoriasis and eczema. And it gets rid of acne due to its antibacterial qualities plus it’s amazing for hydrating and moisturizing your skin.
Sweet almond oil is incredibly moisturizing and nourishing for the skin.
Thanks to the Vitamin E, it has anti-inflammatory properties, protects your skin from damage caused by UV radiation, gets rid of fine lines, keeps your skin cells healthy, and helps your skin look smooth and soft. The vitamin A can help reduce acne and the fatty acids help your skin retain moisture plus heal chapped and irritated skin.
Pair these cutesy-spooky monster bath bombs with our antibacterial body sprays to take your body refreshing one step further!
Add Marshmallow Clouds and Like A Dino Boss body sprays! These lightly-scented, alcohol-free body sprays from Angels n’ Dudes are a light, refreshing way to fragrance plus to keep you odor-free all day long. They also contain African wild cucumber. The amazing botanical that has powerful antibacterial properties which gets rid of B.O. instantly!
DIY Monster Bath Bombs That Get Rid of B.O. Printable
Happy Halloween! What are your plans for Halloween this year?
Let me know in the comments section below!
If you like this DIY monster bath bombs recipe, we’d love for you to pin this image and save it for later!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like: How to Make DIY Hidden Spider Bath Bombs for Kids
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.