I love fall! The leaves start to change colors and fall. There are cool breezes in the air. Curling up in a comfy chair all wrapped up in my favorite sweater with a good book. Family gatherings, sipping on a cup of hot chocolate, and roasting marshmallows. Yum! This past weekend, the kiddos and I decided to roast some marshmallows and make s’mores. I enjoyed them so much that I made s’more DIY hand soap in a super easy way. I love the smell so much I wanted to share it with y’all.
I also made some printable gift tags for you to download in case you make some and want to give your DIY hand soap as a gift.
Add ribbon and you have this pretty gift to give to friends and family. You can pick up a soap dispenser at Target.
S’Mores DIY Hand Soap
Making your own DIY hand soap might sound daunting at first, but it’s so easy you’ll wonder why you never did it before! It’s also very economical, especially if you go through as much hand soap as my kids do. And if you decide to give some away as a gift, you save money on presents too. Can’t beat that!
This soap has a lovely sweet and delectable aroma of milk and dark chocolate, raw sugar cane and heavy cream with a mouthwatering hint of vanilla. Just like s’mores! You’ll appreciate this scent when a flurry of guests arrive for dinner.
Here’s what you’re going to need to make this amazing hand soap:
- An empty hand soap dispenser
- Unscented liquid hand soap (I prefer to use foaming soap because my kids tend to waste soap and foaming soap lasts longer)
- 1 tsp Aloe Vera Oil (optional but adds more moisturizing properties to the soap)
- 30 drops Chocolate Scented Fragrance Oil + 30 drops Marshmallow Scented Fragrance Oil (I chose these fragrances as I already had them on hand for my Chocolate is Love and Marshmallow Clouds body washes)
- 20 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil (optional but adds antibacterial properties to the soap)
All these items are available on Amazon.
S’Mores DIY Hand Soap Preparation
- Fill your soap dispenser halfway with your favorite unscented soap
- Add the aloe vera oil if using. Swirl to mix.
- Add the scented fragrance (and essential) oils. Swirl to mix.
- Fill the soap dispenser rest of the way with the unscented soap, leaving room for the cap to close without spilling
- Use the dispenser tube to mix the soap thoroughly before capping closed
That’s it! Yes, it’s that simple. I’m sure you’re kicking yourself for not doing it sooner.
Use S’mores DIY hand soap as you would regular hand soap and enjoy its yummy scent all season long!
I made several different fall-inspired tags to go along with the soap in case you wanted to use them for gifts. The tags are available in 2 different sizes depending on the size of your dispenser.