Want the perfect DIY beauty scrub to help you get silky smooth skin? This Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub recipe is the answer! It not only smells amazing, it also smooths and pampers your rough spots, and it’s super easy to make! Your skin is about to be pampered! And it makes a lovely handmade gift for family and friends.
Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub
If you’ve never used or even made a sugar scrub before, you’re in for a treat. Sugar scrubs are a great way to pamper yourself and to keep your hands, elbows and feet soft and moisturized. I love making sugar scrubs because they’re easy to make and are thoughtful gifts that don’t cost a ton. The perfect little gift when you’re looking to give something with that personal touch.
This Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and uses a few simple natural ingredients. It smells so delicious you may be tempted to eat it. If you’re going to give it as a gift, you may need a warning label about not eating it because it smells so good! 😉 And it softens and moisturizes your skin beautifully, especially during the cold weather season.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub Recipe
- 8 ounces brown sugar (or white granulated sugar)
- 2 ounces shea butter
- 2 tablespoonfuls coconut oil (almond or olive oil are also great)
- 1/2 teaspoonful vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoonful pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoonful cinnamon
- dash of ground cloves
- 2 ounces antibacterial body wash (optional)
All you need to make this body scrub recipe is brown sugar or white granulated sugar, shea butter, coconut oil, vitamin E oil, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and ground cloves. I like to add unscented antibacterial body wash so the scrub doubles as a cleanser and an exfoliator. And since our natural body washes contain African Wild Cucumber, an amazing botanical with powerful antibacterial properties, this scrub also gets rid of body odor and leaves me feeling fresh.
This exfoliating, cleansing, and moisturizing body scrub recipe will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth all over. Brown sugar gently exfoliates your skin, sloughing off dead skin. The antibacterial body wash lathers and cleanses the skin and gets rid of body odor. Finally, shea butter, coconut oil, and vitamin E oil moisturize your skin and leave it feeling smooth.
- Heat the shea butter over low heat until melted. Once it’s completely melted, remove from the heat.
- Stir 2 tablespoonfuls of coconut oil into the melted shea butter.
- If using body wash, add it to oil/butter mixture. If not, skip to step 4.
- Stir in pumpkin spice, extra cinnamon and ground cloves. If ingredients begin to solidify, place back on heat source to remelt.
- Place 8 ounces of brown sugar into a bowl and break up any clumps.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the bowl of sugar. Stir to fully incorporate. If you want the scrub to be coarser, simply add a little more sugar until you get the coarseness you want.
- Add vitamin E oil. Mix well.
- Let the scrub cool completely before storing. Mix well before spooning into storage container.
- Store in an air tight container. Since this recipe is an all natural product and doesn’t contain any preservatives, avoid water contamination while in the shower and plan to use it within a month or two.
How To Use Sugar Scrubs:
- Spoon a small amount of the Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub into your hands.
- Scrub all over your body — or wherever you need a little extra love.
- Leave it on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Use this time to relax and enjoy the moment.
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a towel.
With the holiday season right around the corner, this body scrub would make the perfect do-it-yourself gift to pamper family and friends! Place it in a pretty container and you’ll have a thoughtful, handmade gift.
To tie it all together, I’ve created these darling label printables to go with your Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub that you can print easily onto cardstock paper and attach to your container. Click HERE to get the free printable.
There you have it! Simple to make, and the scent is Ah-MAZING!!! Enjoy 🙂
What are some of your favorite DIY body scrub recipes to make?
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: 3 Fall Sugar Scrub Recipes You Can Make Right Now
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.