Are you looking for a homemade salt scrub that will have you in a summer state of mind? This all-natural cucumber mint DIY salt scrub is light and refreshingly cool. Plus its extra moisturizing and soothing properties will protect your skin from the drying effects of the sun and give it that silky-soft feel.
Summer is approaching fast, and temperatures are rising daily. In my area the temperature is topping out at 80 degrees today. That definitely deserves a special scrub that will help me cool down. This delightfully refreshing DIY salt scrub combines the hydrating and soothing power of cool cucumber with an uplifting and stimulating dose of mint.
Shea butter and sunflower oil add moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties to the scrub, leaving your skin feeling and looking younger than ever before. And aloe vera oil prevents premature aging, promotes clear skin, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and age spots, and soothes sunburned skin—something that will come in handy during the hot summer months.
For its exfoliating properties, I use mineral-rich Dead Sea salt. It cleanses and disinfects, soothes inflammation, promotes youthful skin as well as improve your skin’s health.
At long last…it’s beginning to feel like summer is just around the corner!
The days are getting longer, birds are chirping, flowers and trees are budding, and my allergies are acting up! 🙁 But I digress…
To distract myself from the constant sneezing and my itchy, watery eyes, I decided to start preparing for summer in the hopes that it will come a little sooner. This is mostly in the form of making summer vacation plans and getting ready for bathing-suit-tank-top-and-sleeveless-dress season. Workout, anyone?! But to top it off…
This all-natural cucumber mint DIY salt scrub will have you in a summer state of mind.
This light and refreshingly cool salt scrub is the perfect answer to put you in a summer state of mind. It has extra moisturizing and soothing properties that will protect your skin from the drying effects of the sun. Skin-loving sunflower oil plus shea butter are quickly absorbed into the skin to help moisturize and give your skin that silky-soft feel.
Cucumber Mint DIY Salt Scrub
Makes about 4 ounces
The combination of cucumber, mint, and aloe gives a light, refreshing, and cool summery DIY salt scrub.
- 4 ounces Dead Sea Salt
- 1 ounce Sunflower Oil
- 0.4 ounces Shea Butter
- 0.2 ounces Aloe Vera Oil
- 1.2 mL Cucumber Mint Fragrance Oil
- 6 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 1/2 mini scoop Green Mica Colorant (totally optional and mostly just for the color effect if giving as a gift)
All these ingredients are available on Amazon.
- In a double boiler, heat shea butter on low until melted. Add sunflower oil and aloe vera oil. Whisk the mixture until blended.
- Add salt to a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter/oils over the salt, mixing well to fully combine the ingredients.
- Add cucumber mint fragrance oil and vitamin E oil. Stir well.
- Sprinkle green mica colorant over mixture and stir in to fully incorporate the color.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken. This step intensifies your scrub’s coolness. Brrr!
- Remove and stir to blend in all the ingredients fully. Mixture should be thick enough so there’s no separation of oils.
- Fill your jar and voilà! You have yourself an all-natural cucumber mint DIY body scrub to get you ready for the summer.
Now wasn’t that easy-peasy-cucumber-minty-squeezy? 😉
How To Use
Apply a few scoops onto wet skin and gently massage in a circular motion. Rinse off with warm water.
Note: This is an oil scrub and will be slippery when used in the tub or shower. Please be careful. Also do not use if your skin has any cuts or open wounds as the salt will sting. Ouch!
Wanna take your summer refreshing one step further?
Add Refresh in a Flash Body Spray! This lightly-scented, alcohol-free body spray will keep you refreshed and your skin clean, fresh and odor-free during the hot summer months. And to top it off, it has the same light, refreshing blend of cool, watery cucumber and fresh mint as the body scrub!
What are your go-to DIY beauty recipes and/or tips to get you in a summer state of mind?
If you like this All-Natural Cucumber Mint DIY Salt Scrub recipe, be sure to pin it to your DIY Beauty Board!
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.