A Ridiculously Easy Christmas Gift Idea
With the cold weather and stress from the holidays, a hot salt bath is perfect this time of year. Bath salts can turn a simple soak in the tub into a rejuvenating and relaxing experience. Simply add a scoop to your tub to soak away the stress of the day!
These Cool Minty DIY Bath Salts add a cool minty aroma to the bath reminiscent of a child’s first snow globe. Dead Sea salt has the ability to rejuvenate skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other fine lines, smooth and soften, and leave skin looking younger. The pink sea salt has soothing properties while the combination of baking soda and citric acid adds a bit of fizziness similar to a bath bomb.
In addition to Dead Sea salt and pink sea salt, this soak is made with Epsom salt which is known for its soothing and moisturizing properties. These Cool Minty DIY Bath Salts make a fantastic stocking stuffer or a thoughtful hostess gift. A perfect recipe for the holidays that’s ridiculously easy to make!
Check out the recipe below.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 ounces Dead Sea salt
- 2 ounces pink Himalayan salt
- 2 ounces Epsom salt
- 0.5 ounces baking soda
- 0.5 ounces citric acid
- 1 mini scoop of bath bomb red powder color
- 20 drops Purely Peppermint fragrance oil
- In a glass mixing bowl, add 3 ounces of Dead Sea salt and 2 ounces Epsom salt. Add 10 drops of Purely Peppermint fragrance oil and use wire whisk to blend into salts.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 ounces of pink Himalayan salt, 0.5 ounces citric acid and 0.5 ounces baking soda. Stir to combine, and use your hands to break up any clumps.
- Add remaining 10 drops of Purely Peppermint fragrance oil and stir to thoroughly incorporate.
- Add 1 mini scoop of bath bomb red powder color to second bowl containing pink Himalayan salt mixture. Mix well to incorporate color.
- Place a small amount of the white Dead Sea salt and Epsom salt mixture into a jar. Using a squeeze bottle, small can or your fingers, press the mixture down to create a flat surface.
- Place an equal amount of the now red Himalayan salt mixture on top of the white salt mixture, and use the squeeze bottle to flatten.
- Repeat this process, alternating between the red and white salts until the jar is completely full.
To use, scoop out several tablespoons of bath salts into hot bath water and enjoy!
What is your favorite kind of bath additive?
Let me know in the comments section below!
I personally love bath salts, bath soaks, and bath bombs.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: Ocean Surf DIY Bath Bombs
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.