While the holiday season is full of cheer, it can also be tough on your skin. Blowing winds, cold temperatures, rain and snow can cause skin to dry out and crack. This Peppermint DIY Sugar Body Scrub exfoliates skin with the soothing smell of mint, making it great for treating dry, winter skin. This results in more hydrated, moisturized skin!
Sugar adds gentle exfoliation to the scrub while shea butter and sweet almond oil leave the skin feeling soft and moisturized. Sleigh All Day Fragrance Oil, with notes of morning frost, candied peppermint, cinnamon sticks and spruce, adds a wintry cool frosty scent to the scrub. This DIY sugar body scrub is easy and quick to throw together as a last-minute handmade holiday gift.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 ounces white granulated sugar
- 1 ounce shea butter
- 1 tablespoonful sweet almond oil
- 1/4 teaspoonful vitamin E oil
- 3 mL Sleigh All Day Fragrance Oil
- Heat the shea butter over low heat until melted. Once it’s completely melted, remove from the heat.
- Stir 1 tablespoonful of sweet almond oil into the melted shea butter.
- Stir in Sleigh All Day Fragrance Oil. If ingredients begin to solidify, place back on heat source to remelt.
- Place 4 ounces of white granulated sugar into a bowl.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the bowl of sugar. Stir to fully incorporate. If you want the scrub to be coarser, simply add a little more sugar until you get the coarseness you want.
- Add vitamin E oil. Mix well.
- Spoon the sugar body scrub into a jar.
After the scrub cools, put the top on. Share and/or enjoy!
To use, spoon a small amount of the Peppermint DIY Sugar Body Scrub into your hands and scrub all over your body — or wherever you need a little extra love. Leave it on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Rinse well and then pat dry with a towel.
Do you have any tips or tricks to keep your skin feeling soft and hydrated during winter?
Let me know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: All-Natural Cucumber Mint DIY Salt Scrub
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.