We saved something decadent and sweet for last for the final gift idea in the 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas series. These sugar cube melts, scented with Chocolate is Love fragrance oil, and smell delicious! They remind me of a classic milk chocolate candy, yum! This project is easy to make and is great for beginners.
These chocolatey sugar cube melts would make an amazing holiday gift for any chocolate lover in your life. Wrap these sugar melts in clear cello bags tied with green and red curling ribbon for a great finishing touch. Soak in a bath and enjoy the benefits of the shea butter as it surrounds you to soften and moisturize your skin.
What You’ll Need:
- 3.5 ounces Shea Butter
- 2-1/4 cups White Granulated Sugar
- 4 mL Chocolate is Love Fragrance Oil
- 1 Brownie Bite (24 Mini Squares) Silicone Mold
- 3 mini scoops of Chocolate Brown mica color
- To double boiler or metal pot add shea butter and heat until melted.
- While the butter is melting, add sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Remove melted butter from heat source and let cool to below 130°F.
- Add 4 mL of Chocolate is Love fragrance oil and blend in.
- Measure 3 scoops of Chocolate Brown mica color using the mini scoop and add to the mixture. Blend with a spatula until color is evenly distributed.
- When shea butter has cooled down to 120°F, combine the butter and the sugar. Mix the sugar into the melted butter.
- Place the Brownie Bite silicone mold on a cookie sheet to give it stability when it is moved.
- Fill each cavity with the butter/sugar mixture, making sure they are packed tightly. Smooth off the top of each bath melt with the back of a spoon.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from mold. Place sugar cube melts into a cello bag and tie with ribbon.
To use, drop 1 sugar cube melt into tub under running water to release moisturizing shea butter into the water and onto your skin or use as a gentle exfoliant.
WARNING: This will make your tub slippery. Be sure to use a rubber bath mat on the bottom of the tub.
Do you have a favorite 12 Days of Christmas gift idea? I would love to hear which ideas you plan on making or giving.
Let me know in the comments section below!
And of course, please share the DIY pictures on our Facebook page!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: Exfoliating Citrus Mint DIY Sugar Scrub Cubes
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.