I have a love-hate relationship with winter. LOVE the holiday season 🙂 ! HATE the cold 🙁 ! Especially since the cold winter weather can wreak havoc on the skin causing it to become dry, irritated and even crack. This rich and thick winter DIY moisturizing cream for dry skin is the perfect blend of butters and oils that quickly soak into your skin, protect skin from the harsh elements, and restore moisture leaving skin soft, without any greasy after-feel.
Macadamia and Tucuma butters have high levels of essential fatty acids that absorb quickly into the skin. And when whipped, these butters become light and fluffy, easy to apply, and they moisturize the skin.
Scented with Love Your Selfie fragrance oil, this winter DIY moisturizing cream has a soft floral scent. The addition of tapioca starch imparts a smooth, soft feel on the skin, and helps cut back on the oily, greasy feeling. Hemp seed oil is added for its excellent moisturizing properties, excellent glide without being greasy, and because it penetrates quickly. Vitamin E oil is added for its antioxidant properties.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 ounces Macadamia butter blend
- 1 ounce Tucuma butter
- 2-1/2 teaspoonfuls Hemp seed oil
- 3 mL Vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoonful Tapioca starch
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) Love Your Selfie fragrance oil
- Place Tucuma Butter in mixing bowl. Heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes on 50% power to soften.
- Remove and break up larger clumps. Stir to soften, and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to slightly whip butter to a creamy consistency. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Add Macadamia Butter blend. Whip until mixture is creamy and no lumps remain. (If necessary, heat in microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften any lumps.)
- Add the Hemp Seed oil and Vitamin E oil, and slowly turn on the hand or stand mixer. Once the oil has begun to incorporate, turn the mixer on high and blend until smooth.
- Add the fragrance oil and Tapioca starch. Stir in the tapioca using a spatula before turning on your mixer, otherwise you may have a mess! Turn the mixer on low, and increase the speed until on high. Keep whipping to incorporate all ingredients and the mixture is completely smooth. It may take several minutes of whipping to achieve a completely smooth and creamy consistency.
- Use a spatula to place the moisturizing cream into a jar and enjoy!
What is your favorite way to keep your skin hydrated during the cold winter months?
Let me know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: Fluffy Mermaid-Scented DIY Whipped Body Butter
For even more great tips, skincare recipes, and beauty DIY’s, be sure to follow our boards on Pinterest.