If you’re thinking of transitioning your beauty and skin care products to more natural alternatives, this moisturizing aftershave gel recipe for men is a great step in a more natural direction. It’s packed with soothing, softening and moisturizing ingredients.
Aloe vera gel, sweet almond oil, shea oil, vegetable glycerin and vitamin E oil blend to create a moisturizing and soothing after-shave gel. A medley of clary sage, lavandin, mahogany and teakwood essential and fragrance oils create a wonderful, all-natural, manly scent.
Aloe vera has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine, and is thought to have a number of incredible health benefits. It serves as the base for this aftershave gel recipe. Aloe reduces skin inflammation and helps heal wounds and chronic skin problems such as psoriasis, acne, and eczema. It’s well-known for its hydrating properties and is often used in skin care products because it instantly moisturizes and soothes skin. It’s also gentle enough to be used on the most sensitive skin. And it brings a cooling effect to sunburned skin and helps your face feel slightly tighter after use by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and other fine lines! Incredible, just incredible!
One of my favorite carrier oils is sweet almond oil. It’s the perfect carrier oil for this aftershave gel recipe for men because of its excellent penetrating qualities and good spread-ability on the skin. It’s moisturizing and softening. You could also use argan oil, jojoba oil, walnut oil or a combination as alternatives for a nourishing aftershave gel that will leave skin feeling silky smooth.
I love shea butter and shea oil because they not only soften and soothe skin but moisturize, regenerate and heal making them effective for dry skin. They also help protect and preserve skin’s natural oils giving your skin the 24/7 hydration it’s craving. Once again, you could substitute shea oil with either argan oil, jojoba oil, or walnut oil.
The vegetable glycerin in this aftershave gel recipe for men hydrates and moisturizes the skin by drawing water from the air into the skin’s outer layer. Isn’t that amazing?! It’s a moisturizer that attracts more moisture! It softens, protects, conditions, and soothes skin. And it also makes the aftershave gel thicker and prevents the mixture and oils from separating.
Vitamin E oil is so great for skin because it’s an antioxidant. It neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals and protects against and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Plus who doesn’t love smooth, kissable skin?!
Moisturizing Aftershave Gel Recipe For Men
This recipe soothes, softens and moisturizes skin after shaving. Use it to help skin feel soft and silky smooth.
You can also decide to leave this recipe unscented so it can be used by both men and women. Or alternatively, you can substitute the essential and fragrance oils to something more female-like and make it an aftershave gel recipe for women.
- 2 ounces aloe vera gel
- 1/2 teaspoonful sweet almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoonful shea oil
- 1/4 teaspoonful vegetable glycerin
- 1/4 teaspoonful vitamin E oil
- 7 drops clary sage essential oil
- 7 drops lavandin essential oil
- 4 drops mahogany fragrance oil
- 4 drops teakwood fragrance oil
- 2-ounce bottle with disc top cap for easy dispensing
If you don’t already own a bunch of manly essential and fragrance oils, I am offering the same blend in an already-made fragrance oil in my shop. You can buy it here!
- In a glass measuring cup, add aloe vera gel.
- To gel add: sweet almond oil, shea oil, and vitamin E oil. Gently stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Add essential and fragrance oils to the mixture. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the bottle. If the mixture is too thick to pour, use a small funnel or a piping or pastry bag to fill the bottle.
- To use: Apply thin layer to freshly-shaved skin. The gel will feel sticky at first but when it dries, it will leave skin feeling soft and silky smooth.
- Store in a cool, dark place. This recipe will keep for 3 months.
Both my husband and my brother love the scent of this aftershave gel recipe, but also like these other manly scent combinations that you might want to try:
- 10 drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 8 drops of Musk Fragrance Oil
- 6 drops of Mint Fragrance Oil
- 9 drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 9 drops of Sandalwood Fragrance Oil
- 6 drops of Musk Fragrance Oil
- 15 drops of Musk Fragrance Oil
- 9 drops of Rosewood Fragrance Oil
- 6 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
- 6 drops of Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- About 6 drops of Jasmine Essential Oil
- About 6 drops of Patchouli Essential Oil
Turn this Moisturizing Aftershave Gel Recipe For Men into a gift idea by combining:
- A bottle of our Mahogany Teakwood Body Spray,
- With a bottle of our Mahogany Teakwood Body Soap,
- And a bottle of this moisturizing aftershave gel recipe for men.
Put them all into a gift basket, an organza bag like the one in the picture below or something even more manly like a reusable wooden crate.