Inspired by our apothecary roots, Angels n’ Dudes uses powerful natural skin care ingredients drawn from nature within our unique formula.
The active ingredient in Angels n’ Dudes natural body care products is derived from a powerful botanical with body odor-blocking properties that is commonly used in tropical Africa.
Combining natural skin care ingredients with fresh and fun scents that make your kid shine, our products offer a welcome relief to the dirt, sweat, and odors of childhood.
1. African Wild Cucumber Extract
Say hello to fresh-smelling skin and wave goodbye to body odor with new African Wild Cucumber (momordica foetida) formulas.
What’s African Wild Cucumber?
This incredible and valuable plant has been used in African medicine for hundreds of years. It has been used to treat numerous ailments over the ages. It is documented to have powerful antibacterial properties. It’s a body odor-killer!
So, how will it get rid of your kid’s body odor? When kids start to develop puberty, they begin to sweat more. They especially start to sweat from apocrine glands located in the armpits and groin (before puberty, these glands are not fully developed). These glands secrete thick, oily sweat that bacteria on the surface of the skin love to eat. When the sweat mixes with the bacteria, it causes the bad body odor.
The powerful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties of African Wild Cucumber help to get rid of body odor in kids by eliminating the bacteria found on the surface of the skin. Angels n’ Dudes is the first brand to develop antibacterial body washes and sprays with natural skin care ingredients incorporating African Wild Cucumber for use as an odor blocker.
The African Wild Cucumber extract is a valuable natural healing ingredient with antibacterial properties and it is the primary active ingredient in Angels n’ Dudes products.
2. Shea Butter
Looking to add more shea moisture in your life? Good plan! Oh-so-nourishing shea butter has a high concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids, making it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing, especially for young skin. Its deep moisturizing, skin regeneration and healing properties make it effective for dry skin and help protect and preserve skin’s natural oils. The end result? Your skin gets the 24/7 hydration it’s been craving.
Shea butter also contains cinnamic acid, a powerful anti-inflammatory, and oleic, stearic, palmitic and linolenic acids. Providing the skin with these acids greatly reduces skin inflammation and may even help avoid skin mutations, making it beneficial for some people with acne. These acids also smooth the skin by protecting and nourishing it to prevent drying, and softening and strengthening it as well as reducing wrinkles.
The ultra-conditioning, moisture-rich fabulous shea butter can majorly boost your skincare routine.
Glycerin is a colorless and odorless liquid that comes from plant sources. It has many important functions. It’s considered a humectant — a compound that works to hydrate and moisturize the skin by drawing water from the air into the skin’s outer layer. Yes, that’s right. It’s a moisturizer that actually attracts more moisture. Glycerin is essentially like a magnet that attracts water to itself, locking in moisture. It softens and protects while actively conditioning and soothing the skin. It also helps slow the evaporation of water from your skin to help prevent or combat dry skin.
Glycerin is also used to treat many oily skin conditions like acne and other skin infections. It also reduces wrinkles and fine lines by retaining moisture and providing cushioning.
What does glycerin do in your skin care products?
- Because glycerin pulls water to itself, using products with this super-hydrating compound leaves your skin with an overall moisturizing and softening effect. It can actually signal the cells on the top layer of the skin to grow faster, leading to softer skin.
- Glycerin is also an incredibly effective moisturizer when used in a cleanser. It’s important for a cleanser to remove dirt and oil, and also to maintain the health of the outer skin layer. Glycerin can help maintain hydration and prevent skin irritation while cleansing.
4. Aloe Vera Extract
You’ve heard about the incredible health benefits of aloe vera and you’ve most likely used it in one product or another. But why is it so good for you?
Aloe vera is one of those natural skin care ingredients that has been widely used in traditional and herbal medicine for centuries. Its healing properties come from the 18 amino acids it contains. It also contains two hormones called auxin and gibberellin. These hormones possess anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation and promote wound healing. It’s known for its hydrating properties and is often used in skin care products formulated to leave your skin instantly moisturized and soothed.
Aloe is also used to heal chronic skin problems such as psoriasis, acne, and eczema due to its ability to promote skin health.
What are the Benefits of Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera has a number of medicinal and cosmetic purposes due to its effectiveness in soothing the skin and reducing inflammation:
- Aloe vera is used for sunburn relief. It has an immediate cooling effect from sunburn which causes inflammation, puffiness and breakouts. It forms a protective layer that seals in moisture to prevent dehydration and promote healing.
- Aloe vera helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other fine lines. It increases skin’s elasticity and keeps wrinkles from developing. It’s also an antioxidant. Skin that’s constantly exposed to sunlight is also exposed to free radicals. These free radicals contribute to aging. Antioxidants neutralize the harmful effects of the free radicals and protect against and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Aloe vera has antibacterial properties. It improves color and complexion when used on pimples, sores and acne scars. It stimulates new cell growth and heals scars. Aloe vera is considered an excellent skin cleanser that contains astringents.
5. Calendula Extract
Native to the Mediterranean, Calendula (marigold) flower has been regarded as a soothing, anti-inflammatory healing herb for many centuries, including in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicines. Within skincare formulas, Calendula flower extract and Calendula petals are natural skin care ingredients that are often attributed to having calming and soothing properties. Calendula provides hydration while improving the skin barrier and overall skin quality. It stimulates epithelial cell production and is known to increase cell turnover and improve collagen.
What are the Benefits of Calendula?
- Calendula is an antioxidant, and as such it helps to neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals which can cause skin damage. Free radicals also contribute to aging.
- Calendula has been used as a topical treatment in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine, as well as an antidote for wounds and fevers.
- Calendula was also used by the ancient Egyptians in a variety of ways. They believed it to have rejuvenating properties.
6. Dead Sea Salts
Dead Sea salt is another one of those natural skin care ingredients that has been used for centuries to promote health and wellness, treat skin disorders, detoxify the body and prevent illness. Dead Sea salt differs from regular sea salt. It has a much lower sodium content, and is balanced by several minerals — magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium, iodide, and dozens of other minerals — that work together to feed and nourish the skin and body and improve skin quality.
What are the Benefits of Dead Sea Salts?
- Dead Sea salt is known for its ability to rejuvenate skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other fine lines, smooth and soften, and leave skin looking younger. The minerals in Dead Sea salts hydrate the skin by helping it retain water and keeping it moisturized. Translation? More moisture means supple, glowing skin in addition to slowing down the skin-aging process, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and other fine lines, and preventing the formation of new wrinkles.
- One of the main benefits of Dead Sea salt is it provides the skin with magnesium, potassium, and iron, which are known to increase blood circulation at the skin’s surface. This in turn helps to rejuvenate skin and renew cells. To encourage the release of toxins and promote healing and renewal, massage the skin in a circular motion with Dead Sea salt. This draws blood to the skin’s surface.
- The minerals in Dead Sea salt help to heal and soothe frustrating skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. The minerals in Dead Sea salt, including magnesium, bromide, zinc and sulfur, aid in slowing rapid cell growth that causes psoriasis. They also help to reduce inflammation and redness. Additionally, Dead Sea salt baths can help minimize scars and other blemishes.
Inside the Natural Skin Care Ingredients
Dirt, sweat, and body odor are the hallmarks of a day well spent. But with so many brands and so many promises, it’s hard to know what you can really depend on to get rid of your kid’s body odor while dealing with his/her skin care needs. We could give you a million and one reasons why we’re different and why our product is effective but we thought we would let you try it for yourself!
While traditional brands use artificial and synthetic dyes, mineral oil, silicones, parabens, and phthalates which potentially cause harmful effects, at Angels n’ Dudes we use natural skin care ingredients including botanical-based solvents and essential oils. We don’t use any artificial coloring or pigmentation, mineral oil, silicones, parabens, or phthalates.
Our products are strong on smells and body odor without the use of harsh chemicals, but gentle on sensitive skin. They’re a great head-to-toe solution for getting rid of body odor and refreshing your kid with a fun, fresh, and hug-worthy scent.